**Some shipments of this item may take up to 3 weeks**
The A1 body armor is able to stop Level III+ threats such as 7.62x39/7.62x51/5.56 M193s, 5.56 M855 penetrators, and .223/.308 WIN rounds. And unlike ceramic or polyethylene, this custom steel alloy blend is able to take several hits from these rounds without fail. This multi-hit special threat resistance is the distinguishing quality of the A1 plate.
The plate is curved, shooters cut and features our FragLock™ Coat, which we apply for two reasons:
- It helps reduce the dangers of spalling (when broken pieces of steel come off the plate) and fragmentation (when a bullet’s remains bounce off the plate), protecting you from the aftermath of a bullet’s impact once it has been stopped.
- The coat gives our plates a maintenance-free shelf life of twenty years, which makes this steel plate last much longer than polyethylene or ceramic alternatives. The Base Coat, which all our plates come with by default, is lighter and thinner with less protection, while the Build-Up Coat can be added for greater protection but also slightly more weight.
Material: Ballistic steel and alloy blend of 650 hardness on the Brinell scale, with FragLock™ Coating
Protection: 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,100 FPS (+/- 30FPS), 7.62x51 M80 Ball (ie .308) at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS), and DEA Certified
Capability: Edge-to-edge multi-hit protection
- 10" x 12"
- Base Coat (8 lbs, 0.31" thick)
- Build-Up Coat (9.5 lbs, 0.56" thick)
- 11” x 14”
- Base Coat (10 lbs, 0.31" thick)
- Build-Up Coat (11.5 lbs, 0.56" thick)
Shelf life: 20 years
Compatibility: Testudo, Veritas, Valkyrie, & Invictus Carriers
Manufactured: United States