**Some shipments of this item may take up to 3 weeks**
The A1 body armor is able to stop Level III+ threats such as 7.62x39/7.62x51/5.56 M193s, 5.56 M855 penetrators, and .223/.308 WIN rounds. And unlike ceramic or polyethylene, this custom steel alloy blend is able to take several hits from these rounds without fail. This multi-hit special threat resistance is the distinguishing quality of the A1 plate.
The plate is curved, shooters cut and features our FragLock™ Coat, which we apply for two reasons:
- It helps reduce the dangers of spalling (when broken pieces of steel come off the plate) and fragmentation (when a bullet’s remains bounce off the plate), protecting you from the aftermath of a bullet’s impact once it has been stopped.
- The coat gives our plates a maintenance-free shelf life of twenty years, which makes this steel plate last much longer than polyethylene or ceramic alternatives. The Base Coat, which all our plates come with by default, is lighter and thinner with less protection, while the Build-Up Coat can be added for greater protection but also slightly more weight.
Material: Ballistic steel and alloy blend of 650 hardness on the Brinell scale, with FragLock™ Coating
Protection: 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 at 3,100 FPS (+/- 30FPS), 7.62x51 M80 Ball (ie .308) at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS), and DEA Certified
Capability: Edge-to-edge multi-hit protection
- 10" x 12"
- Base Coat (8 lbs, 0.31" thick)
- Build-Up Coat (9.5 lbs, 0.56" thick)
- 11” x 14”
- Base Coat (10 lbs, 0.31" thick)
- Build-Up Coat (11.5 lbs, 0.56" thick)
Shelf life: 20 years
Compatibility: Testudo, Veritas, Valkyrie, & Invictus Carriers
Manufactured: United States
Shipping & Returns
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.